TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Qualcomm are looking to snap the smartphone market with two new Snapdragon processors. The company unveiled it's processors, Snapdragon 400- which is aimed at entry-level and mid-range market and Snapdragon 200 aimed specifically at entry-level market. With the demand for low cost handsets ever increasing, this move might change fortunes for Qualcomm.
The Snapdragon 400 comes in two different options, with first one being a 1.7GHz dual-core Krait CPU with Aysnchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing capability that combines great performance with battery efficiency. The other being a 1.4GHz quad-core A7 CPU, mostly engineered for low-end smartphones. Both the Snapdragon 400 options will come with Adreno 305 GPU. The Snapdragon 400 processors will support cameras of up to 13.5MP, 1080p video capture and playback, TDSCDMA, DC-HSPA+ (42Mbps), 1x Advanced, W+G CDMA, Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) and Dual SIM Dual Active (DSDA) and will utilize LPDDR2 or LPDDR3 RAM.
The Snapdragon 200 designed for low-end smartphones comes with quad ARM Cortex-A5 CPUs clocked up to 1.4GHz per core, Adreno 203 graphics and utilizes LPDDR 2 RAM. The chipset will support cameras up to 8MP, HD video playback, dual-sim capabilities and CDMA multimode/UMTS modem options.
Qualcomm has given no indication on how much these cipset might cost or on when we will see handsets powered by them. However, according to the vice president of marketing for Qualcomm Mobile, Tim McDonough they were developed specifically for low-end and mid-range smartphones.