- 15 min ago How Facebook's Ad Revenue Grew Despite Apple App Tracking Transparency Setback?
- 24 min ago BSNL Launches Three Recharge Plans; Offering Unlimited Calling And Data Benefits To Users
- 50 min ago Realme GT Master Edition Price And Storage Options Revealed; Here’s How Much It Will Cost
- 50 min ago Philips Launches Two New TWS Earphones That Double As A Power Bank
- News Watch: PM Modi speaks to Men's Hockey team captain Manpreet, coach Graham Reid congratulates them after bronze
- Movies Kiara Advani To Resume Shooting For Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 On August 10
- Lifestyle On Kajol’s Birthday, Her 5 Stunning Saree Looks For Some Saree Inspiration
- Finance How To Open A Demat Account In India And Why It Is Important For An Investor?
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
- Sports Rumour Has It: Grealish set for Man City medical to complete move from Villa
- Automobiles No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In September
Asus Zenfone 3 Max First Impressions: Big Battery, Neat Design, And Comfortable Footprint
Asus, after launching the Zenfone 3 series of smartphones in India, today unveiled another phone in the same lineup, namely, the Zenfone 3 Max whose USP is the 4000mAh battery.
Asus has created a name for itself in the Indian market with its attractive Zenfone 2 series of smartphones launched a couple of years ago. At the Computex 2016 event, the company announced the premium Zenfone 3 with stylish looks and upgraded the internals.
And, today, the company is going to launch the Asus Zenfone 3 Max in India, which technically will be the successor to the company's Zenfone Max, which comes with a USP of a big battery.
Same as the Asus Zenfone Max, the Zenfone 3 Max also comes with a bigger battery of 4100mAh battery. Asus sent us a review of the Asus Zenfone 3 Max and here are our first impressions on the same.
Unlike the other Zenfone 3 smartphones, the Zenfone 3 Max comes with an all-metal body design, which doesn't look bad at all. Take the phone into your hand and you will immediately notice that there are no design issues with the smartphone.
All the Zenfone 3 series of smartphone impressed us with their design language and so does the Zenfone 3 Max, however, because of the metal build, the phone feels slippery at times.
Bright and Crisp Display
The Zenfone 3 Max comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p display which is very bright and vivid. Colors appear rich and the screen also has great viewing angles. However, when taken the smartphone into bright sunlight, you'll immediately notice that the brightness levels are very low, which is a bit of an underwhelming.
Entry-level Hardware Which Doesn’t Inspire Confidence
The Asus Zenfone 3 Max comes with the latest entry-level Snapdragon 430 processor along with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 505 GPU. In our brief period with the phone, it hanged multiple times and all we need to do is to restart the phone to get it working again.
Heavily Bloated Zen UI 3.0
The Asus Zenfone 3 Max comes with the company's own Zen I 3.0 skin, which as usual is heavily skinned. However, all the bloatware can now be uninstalled. Also, we faced some lags with the user interface at times, which is not much annoying.
Betting on the Big Battery
The Asus Zenfone 3 Max comes with a 4100mAh battery. I used the smartphone for around a day and the for the entire day, I charged the device just once and end of the day, the smartphone was still left with 50 percent of juice. We will put the device into our battery tests in coming weeks and will update the complete battery life in our final review of the phone.