TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
In a recent development, Blackberry smartphone maker Research-In-Motion has roped in Ranbir Kapoor as its brand ambassador in India, a move that is aimed at attracting young entrepreneurs and professionals, as informed by PTI reports.
"This is the first time we have signed a celebrity in India as brand ambassador. Given BlackBerry brand positioning in the country and whole association with youth segment as well as young entrepreneur, professionals, we thought there is right fit to have Ranbir as our brand ambassador," RIM India Managing Director Sunil Dutt said.
He said celebrity endorsement is an accepted norm in India in terms of youth and consumer association with brand.
Dutt said RIM India follows global strategies but induction of a celebrity for endorsing brand has been done to do meet local market requirements.
"Its a kind of very positive sentiment building up among consumers. Our latest brand positioning in India is very action oriented. The connect for India has been building up and local relevance has also been building up over time," he said.
RIM India has roped in Kapoor at a time when it is gearing up to announce BlackBerry 10 version devices on January 30, 2013.
Dutt said RIM has signed the agreement for two years initially with the Bollywood celebrity and Kapoor will be seen endorsing BlackBerry devices in second half of January.
with inputs from PTI