TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
A new rumor has it that Apple is developing fresh iPhone designs that will feature curved glass displays with bigger screen sizes and enhanced sensors that can detect varying levels of pressure.
The information comes from Bloomberg, who was informed by a source familiar with the matter. Apart from this, the rumor has it that Apple will continue with its new practice of launching two models simultaneously.
The new iPhones will be launched in the second half of next year and will feature larger displays with glass that curves downward at the edges, said the person, declining to be identified as the details aren't public. The source also added that the subsequent iPhones will used enhanced sensors which will be sensitive enough to distinguish heavy screen touches from lighter ones.
The screens of the new iPhones will also finally breach the 4-inch mark to compete with phablets like Samsung's Galaxy Note 3. They will feature two new screen sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, thereby making them the largest iPhones till date.
If this rumor does materialize, then it will see a major role reversal in the smartphone market. Apple, who has widely been regarded as an innovator, will follow trends set by Samsung. The reason being that it was Samsung who made phbalets (phones with screens bigger than 5 inches) popular. Also, it is worth noting that Samsung has already launched a phone with a curved display, the Galaxy Round, a month ago.
Bloomberg's source also added that the new iPhones are still under development and nothing has been completed as yet. Expect them to be released in the third quarter of 2014. And as always, Apple is using new technology and materials that will make the upcoming iPhones ahead of their time, just like their predecessors.