TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
As the smartphone war is gradually getting fiercer, Samsung seems to be trying different strategies to retain its position. It seems like the South Korean tech giant is reaching out to those consumers who do not wish to shed out more money on gadgets with its latest approach.
Samsung has kicked off 12 month EMI scheme on its official eStore for devices including Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 800, Galaxy Grand and Galaxy Camera. According to media reports, Samsung officials have claimed that the EMI campaign will run for over a month and that the company has collaborated with digital media and retail stores across the nation for this EMI scheme.
It is to be noted that Apple recently announced its iPhone 5 on EMI offer with a downpayment of Rs 16,990, followed by 12 months of EMI of Rs 2,376 each. Hence, it can be said that Samsung is targeting the other smartphone vendors including Apple with its convenient and equal 12 months EMI scheme.
Back in September 2012, Samsung announced a similar scheme for devices including Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace.
As per latest figures from IDC for Q4 2012, Samsung, which was dominating the smartphone segment in 2012 has experienced a dip in the sales of Galaxy S3, which has let iPhone 5 to surpass it. Hence, Apple has increased it market share from 4.7% to 13% in terms of shipments, while Samsung has dropped from 38.8% value share and 33.2%.
Also, when it comes to global market, iPhone 5 has surpassed Galaxy S3 as the world's best-selling smartphone for the first time in the Q4 2012.
However, if Samsung releases Galaxy Note 510 and the rumored Galaxy S4, things might change positive towards the company.