TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
As the smartphone war is gradually getting fiercer, Samsung seems to be trying different strategies to retain its position. It seems like the South Korean tech giant is reaching out to those consumers who do not wish to shed out more money on gadgets with its latest approach.
Samsung has kicked off 12 month EMI scheme on its official eStore for devices including Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 800, Galaxy Grand and Galaxy Camera. According to media reports, Samsung officials have claimed that the EMI campaign will run for over a month and that the company has collaborated with digital media and retail stores across the nation for this EMI scheme.
It is to be noted that Apple recently announced its iPhone 5 on EMI offer with a downpayment of Rs 16,990, followed by 12 months of EMI of Rs 2,376 each. Hence, it can be said that Samsung is targeting the other smartphone vendors including Apple with its convenient and equal 12 months EMI scheme.
Back in September 2012, Samsung announced a similar scheme for devices including Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace.
As per latest figures from IDC for Q4 2012, Samsung, which was dominating the smartphone segment in 2012 has experienced a dip in the sales of Galaxy S3, which has let iPhone 5 to surpass it. Hence, Apple has increased it market share from 4.7% to 13% in terms of shipments, while Samsung has dropped from 38.8% value share and 33.2%.
Also, when it comes to global market, iPhone 5 has surpassed Galaxy S3 as the world's best-selling smartphone for the first time in the Q4 2012.
However, if Samsung releases Galaxy Note 510 and the rumored Galaxy S4, things might change positive towards the company.