- 47 min ago Realme XT’s First Firmware Improves Camera Performance
- 51 min ago Exclusive: OnePlus To launch 55” OnePlus Q1 Pro And Q1 Smart TVs With Oxygen Play Content Service
- 3 hrs ago Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- 3 hrs ago Kingston Throned As The Number One DRAM Module Supplier For 16th Consecutive Year
- Sports PKL 2019: U Mumba outclass UP Yoddha to beat them 39-36
- Movies Zareen Khan Was Dropped From A Movie For Not Looking Like A ‘Rural Girl’
- News ‘Howdy economy doin, Mr. Modi,’ Rahul asks ahead of Prime Minister’s Houston event
- Automobiles Hero Lectro Electric Bike Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Samsung Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 Announced: Features Thin Profile and Metal Unibody Design
After loads of rumors and leaks, Samsung has finally taken off the wraps from the new mid-range Galaxy A series of smartphones. In other words, the South Korean tech giant has officially announced the Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 smartphones.
Both these smartphones have full metal unibody, slim designs. The design is basically taken from the Galaxy Alpha smartphone. One of the interesting things about these devices are that these are the company's slimmest smartphone to date. The Galaxy A5 is just 6.7mm thick and the Galaxy A3 is 6.9mm thick.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 and the Galaxy A3 smartphones will be made available in Pearl White, Midnight Black, Platinum Silver, Soft Pink, Light Blue and Champagne Gold color options. Taking about the availability, these will probably roll out in select markets including China starting in November 2014. The company has not spoken about the pricing of the devices as of now.
Samsung Galaxy A3: Key Specification
The Samsung Galaxy A3 comes with a 4.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) qHD Super AMOLED display. It is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and it runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). The smartphone houses 16GB of internal memory, which can be further expanded up to 64GB via microSD card.
In the imaging front, the latest Samsung A series smartphone will employ an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording along with a 5MP front-facing snapper.
Connectivity options include 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ GLONASS and NFC (LTE version only).
The Galaxy A3 which measures 130.1 x 65.5 x 6.9mm and weighs in at 110.3 grams comes powered by a 1900 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A5: Key Specifications
The Galaxy A5 on the other hand has a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display. It is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB RAM and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). The device houses 16GB internal memory, which expandable up to 64GB via microSD card.
In the imaging aspect, the smartphone uses 13MP rear camera with LED flash with 1080p video recording capabilities and a 5MP front-facing snapper as well. Connectivity options include 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ GLONASS, NFC (LTE version only).
The Galaxy A5 measures 139.3 x 69.7 x 6.7mm and weighs in at 123 grams. It draws its energy from a 2300 mAh battery.
Like most of the Samsung smartphones, both these new devices have Ultra-Power Saving Mode, Private Mode and Multiscreen and adjustable audio, which intelligently adapts and enhances sound output based on the user's surrounding environment.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!