TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Over the years we have seen many smart phones sporting all type of screen sizes. From small 2.4 inch display to large 5 inch ones have been fitted in a smart phone by various manufactures. Bigger the displays bigger will be the overall size of the phone.
The major factor that limits the overall size of the display is the bezel or the rim which surrounds it. It takes up very valuable space in a display. If it could be trimmed down to a very small dimension or can be avoided a larger display can be incorporated in a smaller form factor itself.
Samsung had all these points in mind and they have made a phone that is near to bezeless. That is the front portion is all screen with nothing to obstruct or take up space of the display. Samsung is going to step up into this type of displays in the near future itself and the rumour is that such a display is featured in the Samsung Galaxy B smart phone.
Samsung is one of the manufacturers that offer very good screen to bezel ratio in their devices. They have been doing research and development for making an all screen display for long time and it seems like they have finally figured it out.
One of the reasons that this display came into reality was because of the development of android 4.0 ice cream sandwich operating system. With the advent of this OS physical buttons where eliminated from the front portion altogether. In today’s devices the physical buttons have been replaced by capacitive touch screen buttons.
They have the advantage that they don’t take up much space in the front portion and also that they are very responsive and easy to use. Also with such a large display it will be a pleasure to watch photos and videos in the phone.
The speculation is that Samsung Galaxy B with this display will be featured in the Mobile World Congress which will be held next week in Barcelona. Let’s wait and see if Samsung will be able to deliver such a device in this limited time. At least a prototype model may be showcased in this event. But there are still many out there who prefer some bezel in their phones. So how well such a phone will be received by the public is a big question.