TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Samsung Galaxy Gear gets A Price Cut in India: Now Available for Rs 18,999 [Report]
Wearable computing devices were expected to change the dynamics of connected devices in 2013, but it didn't happen that way.
Although fitness bands still manages to crack a particular section of market with affordable pricing; however, it would be correct to say that there is a long road ahead in front of biggies like Samsung and Sony.
Analysts believe that the biggest reason why wearable devices unable to carve a niche are primarily due to hefty price tag. Last year, Samsung announced its first generation Galaxy Gear, an advance smart watch, for Rs. 22,990.
Same can be said about Sony SmartWatch 2, which went on sale in India at price Rs. 14,990. Nevertheless, wearable devices are the future, but at the moment no one, at least, in India would like to spend Rs. 22,990 on a smartwatch.
Samsung, which made a grand entry into wearable computing tech late last year, might come up with second generation intelligent watch at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014. Samsung's Lee Young Hee, head of mobile business recently indicated that the company will announce an improved and lighter Galaxy Gear in the coming days to come.
Meanwhile, Samsung has slashed the retail price of Galaxy Gear in India. Yes, you heard it right. A tweet send under Mahesh Telecom account prove that the Galaxy Gear gets a new price tag starting January 11. Now the device will be available in India for Rs. 18, 999. Though, Samsung hasn't issued a press statement confirming price drop.
Talking about the specs, the Galaxy Gear is a nicely built intelligent watch with macho appeal. The watch comes with a 1.63-inch AMOLED display having a resolution of 320 x 320 pixels.
Under the hood, there is an 800MHz processor, backed by 512MB of RAM and internal memory. The device is compatible with select Galaxy handsets (above Android 4.3 Jelly Bean).
Well, the Galaxy Gear cannot be connected with iOS powered devices. The Galaxy Gear's camera can take pictures as well as record videos in 720p HD format. You can receive notifications, SMS, messages, receive / dial calls and much more.
Now with a price tag of Rs. 18,999, Samsung may convince you get the Galaxy Gear. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!