TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
While Samsung has a killer phablet in its product portfolio - the Android heavyweight Galaxy Note 2, however, not all consumers might have the wallet to buy the expensive device. Hence, the company recently came up with another phablet dubbed as Galaxy Grand, which has the look and feel of high-end Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 and the traits of a budget phablet.
After a month of its launch internationally, now it seems like Samsung is all set to bring the device to the Indian shores. According to the latest report by the folks at Tech2, Samsung has announced a press event to launch "the newest Galaxy" on January 22, 2013. Further, the report also claimes that the handset will be priced in the sub Rs 25,000 range.
As far as specs are concerned, Galaxy Grand packs a 5 inch multi-touch LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a very low resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, dual core 1.2GHz processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera for video calling, 8GB internal storage capacity, 1GB RAM, micro SD card slot supporting up to 64GB additional storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, HDMI, A-GPS, DLNA and a 2,100 mAh Li-ion battery, which will offer decent backup.
Designed on the lines of Galaxy S3, the device will have all the exclusive S features including Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Video, Multi-Windows & S Voice, which are present in Galaxy Note 2 as well.
Interestingly, at the time of unveiling Galaxy Grand, Samsung made a statement that the device will come in single and dual SIM versions, of which the dual sIM variant will be released into the market at first.