TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
It appears that Samsung has pledged to give users more options in the 5-inch handset category. After announcing the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 late last year, the South Korean giant plans to reveal an affordable 5-inch beast shortly.
The soon to be announced Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo could give cheap 5-inch handsets a run for money, especially, in a country like India. The Galaxy Grand series is immensely popular in South East Asian countries.
The success of Galaxy Grand and Grand Quattro could be the real reason as to why Samsung is so desperate to bring a device like Galaxy Grand Neo in the retail market. Moreover, the Galaxy Grand Neo is expected to fill the gap of old original Galaxy Grand.
Talking about the specifications, the Galaxy Grand Neo is said to feature a 5-inch WVGA display having a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
The purported phone will also incorporate a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, backed by 1GB of RAM and an 8GB of internal memory which can be further expanded via a microSD card. Moreover, the rumor has it that the phone will be running the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box.
The device is also expected to come with a 5-megaixel rear-facing camera with Auto Focus and LED Flash. Also, add a 1.3-megapixel VGA quality front-facing camera. The phone will be accompanied by a 2100mAh battery fitted inside.
Surely the specifications aren't powerful, but there are chances of Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo to succeed in the market. The handset could be announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), 2014. No word on price or retail availability is available at this moment.
Samsung's Galaxy Grand 2 will be officially priced in India later this week, followed by retail availability. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!