TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Since the past week, there are reports claiming that Samsung will be foraying affordable phablet market segment in India with the release of Galaxy Grand. Though the company has Galaxy Note 2, the Android heavyweight offering in India, the device is priced too high.
Moreover, Samsung has posted a teaser for Galaxy Grand on its official Indian website confirming that the handset will be launched today in the country. As per ongoing reports, the phablet will be priced around Rs 25,000 in India.
Have a look at the specs of Galaxy Grand below.
Display: Galaxy Grand packs a 5 inch multi-touch LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a very low resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
Processor: The handset comes equipped with a dual core 1.2GHz processor under its hood.
OS: In this segment, Galaxy Grand is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS as rumored earlier.
Camera: When it comes to camera optics, the device sports an 8MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera for video calling.
Storage: Speaking of storage, the handset has 8GB internal storage capacity, 1GB RAM and a micro SD card slot supporting up to 64GB additional storage.
Connectivity: In terms of connectivity, Galaxy Grand is packed with features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, HDMI, A-GPS and DLNA.
Battery: The handset is loaded with a 2,100 mAh Li-ion battery, which will offer decent backup.
Designed on the lines of Galaxy S3, the device will have all the exclusive S features including Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Video, Multi-Windows & S Voice, which are present in Galaxy Note 2 as well.
Moreover, Galaxy Grand will come in two variants - single SIM and dual SIM. As per the reports, the dual SIM version of the phablet will be launched initially.