TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
The entire tech world is keen to witness the launch of the next generation Samsung Galaxy S smartphone planned for release in the year 2013. Meanwhile news has come in that South Korean tech giant is gearing up to launch the successor of Galaxy Pocket really soon, which was launched in April 2012.
This can be said as according to a recent SamMobile report, Samsung is all set to launch an incredibly budget friendly smartphone - Galaxy Pocket Plus into the global market in the first half of this year. Aimed to the low-end smartphone seekers, the handset packs some modest specifications.
As per the report, the smartphone will be available in Latin America as well but under a different codename, GT-S5301L. However, there is no official word regarding the handset from Samsung.
The report claims that the Galaxy Pocket successor comes with a 2.8 inch QVGA capacitive multi-touch display, 850MHz Broadcom SoC processor, Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, 4GB internal storage, 512MB RAM, 2MP rear camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB 2.0, GPS and 1,200 mAh battery.
Analyzing the specifications and image, it looks like the Galaxy Pocket Plus is exactly similar to the Galaxy Pocket with identical hardware and slightly upgraded software - the bump from Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.0.4 ICS.