TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Samsung Galaxy Premier GT-I9260 GPU Revealed in Benchmark Test
The South Korean giant has been in the spotlight in the tech media world since quite sometime for its flagship device – Galaxy Note 2 and then for the miniature version of Galaxy S3 – Galaxy S3 Mini.
Following the launch of the two products, Samsung is still making rounds in the rumors, this time for another smartphone – Galaxy Premier I9260.
Earlier, a report by MobileGeeks posted an image and alleged specs of the smartphone claiming that the handset shared the same design and looks of the Galaxy S3.
Further, the report suggested that Android 4,1 Jelly Bean based Galaxy Premier I9260 will have a 4.65 inch Super AMOLED display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, 1.5GHz dual core ARM Cortex A9 processor, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 1GB RAM, 8GB/16GB internal storage, micro SD card slot supporting up to 32GB additional storage and connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, DLNA, 3G and micro USB 2.0.
However, a recent benchmark test reveals the GPU used in the smartphone, which was once claimed to be used in the next Galaxy Nexus smartphone.
GLBenchmarks reports have menitoned that Galaxy Premier I9260 smartphone will have a PowerVR SGX 544 GPU, which is quite similar to the SGZ543 GPU used by the latest Apple chipsets. The GPU revealed by the benchmark test and the recent AnTuTu scores hint at the presence of a TI OMAP 4470 chipset, which was used in Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch tablet.
Further earlier reports have informed that the dimensions of the upcoming handset will be 68.1 mm x 133.97 mm at rest x 8.8 mm. Citing the source from the Balkans, few report also revealed that the price of the smartphone would be around 480 euros (approx Rs 38,000) and it will be available in the market in the fourth quarter of 2012.