TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Back in November 2012, there were reports floating in the tech media world suggesting that the dual-SIM version of the Android smartphone king Galaxy S3, is set to hit the retail shelves of China, very soon. Well, the news did come out to be true as a report from UnwiredView via Ameblo mentioned that the South Korean giant Samsung has officially announced a new handset - Galaxy S3 Duos for the Chinese market.
The Galaxy S3 Duos will come with a dual mode capability, that is, it can support both GSM/HSPA based networks via SIM card and CDMA networks. Also the smartphone is said to come with an extra 30 mAh battery capacity, compared to the international model. Further, it was informed that the newly launched handset will be offered on China Telecom, as it is the country's only telecom operator to support CDMA network.
As far as specs and hardware is concerned, the leaked image and the reports suggests that the Galaxy S3 Duos looks pretty much the same as it's international counterpart. However, Samsung is yet to release the official renders of the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Duos will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and will sport a a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display, 1.4 GHz Samsung Exynos 4412 quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and a 2,130 mAh battery. The smart phone will be available in marble white and pebble blue colour variants and will also be accompanied by all the S features, for which Galaxy S3 is known for including S Beam, Share Short and more.
Further, there is no information about the pricing or the release date of the smartphone, yet.