TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Samsung Galaxy S5 to be Put Up for Sale in Three Weeks, Says Reports
Samsung has a number of different smartphones coming up in the current year with most of them pegged to be announced at the forthcoming Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 event that's set to be held in Barcelona, Spain. However, none have gained that much popularity compared to the massively rumored Samsung Galaxy S5. And now the device is back in news.
According to reports, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is said to be put for sale in the next three weeks, an unnamed Samsung executive has confirmed to GSM Arena.
Samsung's upcoming Unpacked 5 event at the Mobile World Congress is currently scheduled for February 24, Monday. And if the report related to the same is true, as the report states, "this gives Samsung just two weeks to get the device in stores before it's finally ready for customers to purchase in the middle of March."
"The information was also confirmed by other trustworthy sources of ours. Earlier in January, we also received information that aligns with what we now know," the report adds.
As of now, we have no real clues about the what the device will offer in terms of specifications. But if going by the previous rumors, the Galaxy S5 could arrive in two versions, one with a premium feel (most likely to be made out of metal) and the other made out of polycarbonate plastic.
It is also rumored that the device could come with a 5.2-inch ( edge-to-edge) display having a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440. The device is expected to flaunt a 2.5GHz quad-core processor powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC coupled with 3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal memory with a microSD card support.
Lastly, the device will run Android 4.4 Kitkat with Samsung's own native UI on the top of it. A 20MP rear-facing camera with Auto Focus and an LED Flash could be used and we could be looking at the device with at least 3000MAh battery capacity.
As of now, no details pertaining to the pricing and market availability of the device have been confirmed, but more is expected to arrive in this respect at the MWC.