TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime To Be Released In Limited Quantity [Report]
When the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone was on the verge of being launched and was making rounds in the rumor streets, there were high expectations among the fans that the device would come with a QHD display but when it was actually launched, it saddened most of the fans because it just featured the Full HD display.
However, soon the QHD variant of the device started making its way into the rumors. And now we know for sure that the device is out there are. It is called by the name of Galaxy S5 Prime, a premium variant of the high-end Galaxy S5.
The latest report surrounding the same handset has emerged on one of the Korean publication sites, which reveals new bits and pieces of information about the device. According to the report, Samsung was indeed planning on releasing the Galaxy S5 with a QHD panel on-board. Sadly, due to the high production costs of the QHD OLED panel, the manufacturer had to adopt a Full HD panel instead.
However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime is rumored to hit the market sometime later in June. But the problem is the price of the device here. The regular variant of the Galaxy S5 is Rs. 51,500 and since the QHD panel is far more expensive than the regular Full HD panel, it is a serious question about how the company is going to find its way out to reduce the cost of the device.
But it looks like Samsung has found the medicine for the troubling cost. Thus very much like the strategies which are followed to sell expensive devices, Samsung is reportedly said to make the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime a limited edition device. Thus Samsung's 5.2-inch Galaxy S5 Prime with a quad high-definition (2560x1440) would be something not everyone can afford and get.
But the policy is used already by the South Korean company, when selling the company's first curved phone the Galaxy Round in the past with a limited edition tag.