TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
So far, there were rumors about the next generation Samsung phones and the specs they would come with. Now the Chinese publication Etnews says that the South Korean smartphone manufacturer Samsung Electronics is soon going to begin with the mass production of its next Android-based flagship device from January (2014) onwards. One would have already guessed the device name by now, sure, it is Galaxy S5.
Perhaps, the device which will enter the mass production phase in January can be expected to be unveiled by March if everything goes according to the plan of the company. So Samsung fans can expect the launch of the device before April.
The reports also suggest that the device will be hitting the showroom shelves in two variants. Sadly, there is no information as to what two variants are. However, it is said that one variant will feature a flexible OLED panel on the front and will be released as a premium model. While , there would also be a regular Galaxy S5 variant, one that would pack a plastic case, along with a normal OLED display.
Apart from that, if one is to guess, it would be octa-core variant and the normal quad core variant as well.
Going by the rumors, the upcoming Sasmung flagship device would feature 64-bit Exynos or a Snapdragon processor inside, as well as with 3GB of RAM. It would also be loaded with 16-megapixel rear camera and would draw its energy from a 4000 mAh battery. Android 4.4 KitKat could also be expected along with an updated version of Samsung's TouchWiz UI.
When it comes to the number of units, Samsung is rumored to produce around 800,000 to 1 million Galaxy S5 withing January while the numbers of units might go up to as much as 6 million within February. Sadly, there are no details on the price of the handset as yet.