- 1 hr ago Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- 1 hr ago Google Search's new avatar might be bad news for bloggers
- 2 hrs ago Lenovo Z6 Lite vs other smartphones with 6GB RAM under Rs. 20,000
- 2 hrs ago 4G Tablet shipments witness a 62% sequential growth in 1Q 2019: CMR
- News Jumping parties did not augur well for many prominent candidates
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Automobiles Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Samsung Gear 2 With Standalone Calling Facility Could Be a Reality Soon [Report]
Samsung Gear 2, which was announced at this year's MWC tech show, doesn't support standalone calling facility. Even if the new model has significant improvements over its predecessor, even then its dependency on a smartphone cannot be ruled out.
But wouldn't it be great if you came to know that Samsung might bring a third Gear 2 model with an USIM (Universal Subscriber Identity). Well, it seems that the South Korean giant certainly have plans to launch the Gear 2 with standalone calling facility.
If the new model of Gear 2 comes with an added Universal Subscriber Identity module (USIM), then maybe you could get to make calls without connecting the device to a smartphone.
The upcoming model of Gear 2, which will be released on SK Telecom, Korea's biggest network provider, could be exclusive to the South Korean market. However, there is chance to see the device being launched outside Samsung's native market.
Meanwhile, several industry experts have begun arguing that if a smart watch comes with an USIM facility, it would consume more power.
"A smart watch equipped with a USIM card is not implausible," says one such expert
The Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit are expected to be made available globally in April.
On Wednesday, Software giant Google launched Android Wear, a version of the operating system designed specifically for wearable computing devices. In addition, Motorola, LG, Samsung, HTC and Asus are all coming with their own respective smartwatches this year.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!