- 8 hrs ago How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- 12 hrs ago 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- 15 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 17 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Samsung Hosts Event in India On Oct 14: Galaxy Note 4 Announcement Imminent
The rumors are true. After weeks of speculation, Samsung is hosting a press event in India on Oct.14, where it is likely to launch the Galaxy Note 4 - the company's latest flagship smartphone. While the South Korean giant didn't specify what we're seeing at the launch event, the debut of Galaxy Note 4 seems certain for sure.
The press invite for Samsung's Oct. 14 event simply reads "the next Galaxy". This could possibility hints at the arrival of the Note 4 in India. The premium handset will be available in 140 prime markets by the end of October.
The much-awaited Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be made available onto Indian market, before Oct 23, due to the festive period. Incidentally, Apple's updated iPhone lineup will go on sale in the country, starting Oct. 17. Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are currently available for pre-order in the country.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Highlighted Specifications
The Galaxy Note 4 is the first Quad HD smartphone from Samsung that's getting a global release. It comes with a 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED Display (2,560 x 1440) with a pixel density of 571 ppi.
Samsung is offering two different processors for the Galaxy Note 4 depending on your country. Here in India, we think it could either a 2.7GHz or 1.9GHz double quad-core (1.9GHz Quad + 1.3GHz Quad-Core) processor. The phone offers 3GB of RAM, 32GB of native storage, microSD card supported and runs on Android 4.4.
For dual cameras, you get a 16 megapixel rear-facing snapper with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a 3.7MP front-facing camera with a f1.9 wide-angle lens for selfies. The back camera is capable of shooting 4K UHD videos at 30 frames per second.
Connectivity on the Galaxy Note 4 includes 4G LTE (Cat 6), 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC.
Other than specs, the Note 4's main highlight is its ability to take notes using the S-Pen. The Note weighs in at 0.38 pounds and is 0.33-inches thick, and comes in black, white, gold, and pink. The phone looks premium in nature, all thanks to a metal frame around the sides of the Note 4.
Samsung Feeling Pressure From Local Vendors
The South Korean major recently said it expects to record an operating profit of 4.1 trillion won ($3.8 billion) for the quarter ended September 30, a 59.7 percent drop from the year-ago quarter.
Samsung is feeling pressure in emerging countries like India, due to the acceptance of local Chinese players, such as Xiaomi and others. According to market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC), Samsung had a market share of 29 %, in the second quarter of 2014, down from 31% a year earlier.
The rising competition in emerging markets will led to decline of Samsung's global dominance in 2015, according to Fitch ratings.