- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Naib urges Afghanistan batsmen to keep calm, play full 50 overs
- News Striking doctors want media coverage for meeting with Mamata for ‘transparency'
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
New Samsung i8510 Camera Phone
The new Samsung i8510 promises to give competition to most of the compact digital cameras. With an eight-megapixel image sensor producing images of identical quality to most digital compact cameras, the new Samsung phone could be regarded as a milestone in camera phones.
The new phone is equipped with a flash, the i8510 can also detect when people in the picture are smiling. This sleek slider handset sports a 2.8" QVGA display capable of showing 16 million colours. The amount of RAM is 128 MB and there will be a dedicated 3D graphics accelerator. Music is not forgotten on this workhorse, with a built-in FM radio, 3D surround sound, and a standard 3.5mm audio port. Other features of the Samsung phone include built-in satellite navigation, eight gigabytes of storage space for music and high-speed wireless internet access.
Paul Nuttall, from What Digital Camera magazine, said the Korean firm's latest model and others in the same league could pave the way for many consumers to decide not to bother buying a compact.
"The gap has closed between compact digital cameras and camera phones in recent years, and I think the average consumer would struggle to see the difference between an 8 megapixel phone and dedicated camera image," The Scotsman quoted Nuttall, as saying.
He added: "The only issue is one of size. In a phone there just isn't room for a big zoom lens, and that is where traditional cameras do have an advantage."