Rumors about the upcoming Apple iPhone 6s and Samsung Galaxy's Note 5 model are all the rage in the mobile space. All the tech-forward consumers are hoping to get their hands on the next-big-thing as soon as it hits store shelves.
Apple's and Samsung's next moves are a guessing game full of speculation and rumor leading to some surmise features that are just plain crazy and others which seem more likely. In either case, consumers are clamoring for information on what they should expect from Apple and Samsung next-gen biggies would appear like, when they are finally unwrapped.
Now, a report from WhoWired Korea is claiming that Samsung might drop the bomb sooner than expected as it is trying to outmatch Apple by announcing Note 5 ahead of the iPhone 6S' possible announcement in August 2015.
Recommended Link: LG Watch Urbane is Now Available in India at Rs 29,990
What's even more interesting here is the next generation technology the Galaxy Note 5 is supposed to have. The tech world has been tipped a couple of times already that Samsung display will be ready to mass-produce Ultra-HD (2160x3840) resolution AMOLED screens in 2015. This directly hints Galaxy Note 5 announcement.
Where display diagonal is concerned, WhoWired mentioned that 5.89 inches for the regular Note 5, and 5.78 inches for a Note 5 edge, which is something we have heard before and definitely makes sense for Note devices.
An Ultra-HD resolution, these display diagonals will result in mind-warping pixel densities of over 700 pixels per inch! That's complete and utter overkill by any standard, but these screens are perfect for watching 4K content and immersing yourself in VR experience, so pushing smartphone displays to such heights makes sense for these two scenarios in particular.
Recommended Link: Meizu M1 Note vs Asus Zenfone 2: Battle Of The Octa-Core Smartphones
Moreover, the Korean media says the Note 5 will be 0.31in (7.9mm) thick, which is 0.02in (0.6mm) thinner than its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 4. Surprisingly, the phablet could house an even larger 4,100mAh battery (the Note 4 has a 3220mAh unit), which would be quite the achievement if it ever comes true.
If word of its impending announcement is true then it won't be much longer before we're let in on all the juicy details.
The iPhone 6s likely rumored features
- The 6S will be similar to iPhone 6 build and design but the casing material is more robust thanks to the 7000 series aluminium. As a result the newer device is 60% harder than the last make.
- Two models are coming out as Apple will surely want to replicate or even surpass the record-busting sales performance so far of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. There was no mention of the rumored 4-inch iPhone 6C.
- From 8MP, the main iPhone camera is getting a 12MP sensor across the board, Citi said, essentially reflecting the earlier claim made by Kuo.
- Snappier and faster the next iPhone will be and the improvement is because of these upcoming upgrades: A9 chip, 2GB of RAM and iOS 9.
- Sturdier screen protection is part of the 6S package and Citi said the choice of glass coating is a toss between Gorilla Glass 4 or sapphire.
- Force Touch sensor is becoming an Apple device standard so the next iPhone will most certainly adopt the feature, Citi said. In April, Kuo noted that the major upgrades to be loaded with the 2015 iPhone are mainly due to the planned use of Force Touch with the device.