TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
Samsung's New Gear 2 Smartwatch to Come With SIM Slot
Samsung might not be the only player in the wearable section especially the smartwatch but it looks like it is planning to make its smartwatches the first ones capable of making and receiving phone calls. IN simple terms the South Korean tech giant is reportedly said to come up with the Gear 2 smartwatch with SIM card slot.
However, the idea of coming up with the wearable device with cellular functionality is not a novel but it will definitely attract a lot of users who have been looking for such function lately.
The only problem Samsung might face with this cellular smartwatch is to maintain the design and battery capacity. So far the maker of Galaxy Note 3 had only made the smartwatches with bluetooth-bound connectivity but adding cellular radio, a SIM card slot and a better battery might just stress the company in designing it. Whihc in other words mean the device is likely to be bulkier than the current smartwatches. Since the new battery of the latest Gear 2 is said to last for 2-3 days, the new Gear 2 with cellular functionality might reduce the back-up time to 24 hours.
But the new Gear 2 with the cellular might not make it to the global market just yet. Online reports suggest that the device would only be Korea-bound for a while after it's launched and only after that it is said to hit the global market.
Other reports say that the bluetooth-bound Gear 2 will go on sale later this April but there are no information about the availability of the cellular version of the smartwatch. Also the pricing and the specs are not known as of now.
Making phone calls from your watch might sound futuristic and desirable for many but you should know that the cellular variant might not be as cheap as the bluetooth version.
You can drop your opinions about the device in the comment box below.