TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
It has been reported that Samsung might not be planning to roll out any new devices at MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2013 which is to take place in Barcelona the coming month. A report by Pocket-lint states that it has obtained information from reliable sources that the South Korean tech giant will not be conducting any press events at MWC.
There were rumors that the mobile phone maker had initially planned to launch several new devices at the gala event scheduled to happen at the end of next month, but the latest rumors suggest otherwise. Galaxy S 4, the much-anticipated successor to Samsung's current flagship phone, Galaxy S 3, is rumored to be launched sometime in March and scheduled to begin shipping in April or May.
Expectations for the launch of other Android-based smartphones from Samsung in the first quarter of 2013 are in the air. However, it seems as though none of these new devices is slated to have an unveiling at the Mobile World Congress. Samsung did something similar last year as well with its Galaxy S 3. The company rolled out Galaxy S 3 a couple of months after MWC 2012.
Samsung has not offered many details about its plans for the Mobile World Congress 2013. The company would not state anything regarding the release date of Samsung Galaxy S 4 as well.
Several other major mobile phone makers will mark their presence at the Mobile World congress this year. Nokia has already stated that the company will be holding press conference on February 25 at MWC 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.