TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Samsung Patents Smartphone With an Unusual 21:9 Aspect Ratio
South Korean giant Samsung has sold plenty of smartphones with unusual shapes and attributes, but looks like the company is now all set to shock users with a handset that has a 21:9 display. Surely this has to be Samsung's most bizarre handset in the making.
Samsung, known for experimenting with unusual shaped handsets, is keen to bring a phone that has a 21:9 widescreen display, making it the most bizzarely and vertically stretched handset.
You might have heard about Toshiba's first ever 21:9 Ultrabook with a 1792 x 768 display. Apparently, Samsung has filed a patent for a smartphone that has a 21:9 aspect ratio. Right now, the solid details around the device are missing, the handset's 21:9 aspect ratio has been revealed in a series of sketches.
While the 21:9 screen ratio has been teased already, the patent, which was first filed back on July 30, 2012, has nothing much to offer in respect to screen resolution.
The patent has revealed that the yet-to-be launched unusual phone will have large rear-facing camera. Moreover, the device would make a perfect multimedia player, as the large speaker grill is shown circling the full rear edge of the phone.
Although the announced Samsung made 21:9 aspect ratio phone would not be the only smartphone to have a unique display.
Back in 2009, LG, another South Korean firm, launched the LG BL40 New Chocolate, which had a 4.01-inch (21:9 aspect ratio) handset with an 800 x 345 pixel resolution.
Currently, there is no update on the possible coming of Samsung made smartphone having a unique widescreen 21:9 display.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!