- Automobiles Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- Sports ISL 2019-20: I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, but myself: Jeje Lalpekhlua
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Samsung’s Updated S Band Fitness Tracker Leaks Out
In 2014, wearable computing devices will become more accessible to consumers. From Google Glass to Samsung Gear 2, analysts have identified that the next-generation of mobile technology will be dominated by wearables.
From a market prospective, it seems that Samsung is getting ready to debut yet another wearable computing device in the market.
The South Korean giant may have plans to bring an updated S Band fitness activity tracker device in the market.
The second-generation S Band device could be an accessory to its flagship handset, the Galaxy S5, as informed by Sam Mobile on Friday.
The blog site managed to get leaked photos of S Band 2 but it's unclear as to when the device will be made available.
According to a leaked brochure for the Samsung S Band 2, the device has no display, just like other affordable bands available out there. The upcoming band will be a fitness tracker, making it closer to Nike's Fuel Band SE.
Reportedly, the much improved S Band will have interchangeable straps in white, yellow, orange, and grey.
Basically, the S Band will monitor and track your daily activities (Calories, step, and sleep efficiency). Additionally, it will also mirror simple calls and notifications on phone. It is connected to Samsung's native Activity Tracker app and S Health 3.0 on your smartphone.
Currently, nothing much has been said about the device's official brand name, as none of the leaked slides have named the Band. So, we could assume that it's something closer to "Gear" family.
For a reminder, Samsung first introduced the S Band last year, alongside the unveiling of Galaxy S4. However, due to unknown reasons, the device was never made available in the market. If rumors are to be believed, the S Band 2 could be priced around $100 (Rs. 6,200).
At this year's MWC tech show, Samsung announced its updated range of smartwatch family, under familiar "Gear" brand name. The all new Gear family now runs on Tizen OS, instead of Google's Android. Samsung says its newest wearable devices will hit retail market in April.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!