TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Rumors about the first Tizen running smartphone from Samsung started making rounds in the tech world since last year, but the name of the device - Samsung Z came only this year, when it was announced in June. Unfortunately, the South Korean tech giant canceled it.
Now, according to the recent reports, it looks like the first Tizen based smartphone from Samsung will make its way to Indian market as soon as November 2014. However, if you are not aware, it's not the Samsung Z which will be launched in India.
It's the budget-friendly models that will be available in India this November. To be precise, it would be Samsung SM-Z130E or SM-Z130H that would make the debut in the Indian market this year. The handset would cost around $200 (Approx. Rs. 12,162) (unlocked). The Samsung Z is the one that features premium specs and high-end price tag.
Maliks team is responsible for promoting Tizen and is looking to introduce the Linux OS in the Indian market in November. "It will coexist with the Android devices," he said.
Tarun Malik, director of media solutions center, South West Asia, reportedly said, "We started late, but we are very focused. We are not shooting in the wild. This is a game that has to be led by the device manufacturer and not the pipe (telecom operators)."
Since the specs of the upcoming SM-Z130E smartphone is not out yet, it is not clear whether the smartphone will be able to take on the Android phones or not. Anyways, GizBot will be updating you about the new device very soon. Until then stay tuned!