TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Samsung is working on Tizen OS powered handsets for a very long time now. There is a buzz in the market that the South Korean giant could announce "Redwood ", a Tizen OS based smartphone at IFA Berlin. The alleged images of the device were leaked few days ago.
According to TechTastic, Samsung has gone for Exynos 4 chipset to power its first Tizen handset. As of now, only two types of chipset: the Exynos 4212 and Exynos 4412 would power Tizen OS powered handsets. This means, Samsung's forthcoming Tizen phone won't match the standards set by Galaxy S4. The first Tizen phone will probably arrive with quad-core processor,while the the second handset could be dual-core powered one.
Few days back, SamMobile came up with a report saying that those two handsets: Samsung - GT-I8000 and the GT-8805, would run Tizen OS. Then another report shed light on Samsung manufactured device currently dubbed "Redwood". It will feature 4G LTE, Cortex-A9 processor, and 720p HD display.
Back in March, a senior Samsung executive told Bloomberg that company would be able to announce Tizen OS based handsets in August or September. There is a fair chance to see Samsung going to announce its first Tizen phone in the last month of August. Other prominent vendors such as NTT DoCoMo will announce their first Tizen OS based device in the second half of 2013, while Orange is expected to announce Tizen powered handsets in summers.
Sam Mobile reports that Tizen Indonesia released couple of screenshots of upcoming devices running Tizen. It is not known yet whether any of the screenshots have any connection with Samsung's forthcoming Tizen OS based handset. The leaked screenshots gave us an insight to camera interface, an e-mail client, and the web browser. Now the Tizen OS 2.1 has been announced a couple of days back; there are chances to see couple of more reveals coming our way.