TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Samsung is working on Tizen OS powered handsets for a very long time now. There is a buzz in the market that the South Korean giant could announce "Redwood ", a Tizen OS based smartphone at IFA Berlin. The alleged images of the device were leaked few days ago.
According to TechTastic, Samsung has gone for Exynos 4 chipset to power its first Tizen handset. As of now, only two types of chipset: the Exynos 4212 and Exynos 4412 would power Tizen OS powered handsets. This means, Samsung's forthcoming Tizen phone won't match the standards set by Galaxy S4. The first Tizen phone will probably arrive with quad-core processor,while the the second handset could be dual-core powered one.
Few days back, SamMobile came up with a report saying that those two handsets: Samsung - GT-I8000 and the GT-8805, would run Tizen OS. Then another report shed light on Samsung manufactured device currently dubbed "Redwood". It will feature 4G LTE, Cortex-A9 processor, and 720p HD display.
Back in March, a senior Samsung executive told Bloomberg that company would be able to announce Tizen OS based handsets in August or September. There is a fair chance to see Samsung going to announce its first Tizen phone in the last month of August. Other prominent vendors such as NTT DoCoMo will announce their first Tizen OS based device in the second half of 2013, while Orange is expected to announce Tizen powered handsets in summers.
Sam Mobile reports that Tizen Indonesia released couple of screenshots of upcoming devices running Tizen. It is not known yet whether any of the screenshots have any connection with Samsung's forthcoming Tizen OS based handset. The leaked screenshots gave us an insight to camera interface, an e-mail client, and the web browser. Now the Tizen OS 2.1 has been announced a couple of days back; there are chances to see couple of more reveals coming our way.