TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
Samsung has announced on Monday that the company has shipped over 100 million units of its Galaxy S phones ever since May 2010, when Galaxy S phone was first launched.
The first in the series, Samsung Galaxy S reached sales of over 24 million units with 10 million of them being shipped in the first seven months of its sales. Galaxy S2 topped 40 million units in 2011, with more than 10 million units being shipped in the first five months itself.
S3 shipments in 2012 reached over 20 million in merely 100 days and now the figure is over 40 million. The milestone actually indicates global channel sales which consist of shipments to resellers and network operators and not sales to customers.
A report from comScore states that Samsung has become the largest smartphone manufacturer in US by holding 27 percent market. Apple follows close behind with 19 percent. According to iSuppli, Samsung is the top smartphone manufacturer world over too, holding 29 percent market. Nokia follows with 24 percent and Apple at 19 percent.
The company seems to be experimenting by flooding the market with a variety of devices until it zeroes down to what the customers really like. Samsung had launched the Galaxy S2 Plus and the Galaxy S3 mini which have specifications in between that of S2 and S3.Samsung seems to have been successful with its Galaxy Note line too which feature displays bigger than 5 inches. Samsung had sales of more than 10 million units of the first Galaxy note with Galaxy Note 2 having around 5 million shipments.
Samsung is expected to release Galaxy S4 sometime during the first half of 2013.