TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Stranded In No Man’s Land; Probe On To Ascertain How 31 Rohingyas Crossed Over
- Double Digit Salary Hike This Year In India; Most In Asia
- Gigapixel And Terapixel Imaging — Explained
- India vs New Zealand — The Highs And Lows
- Maruti Ertiga To Come In A Luxury-Focussed 6-Seater Format — An Ideal Business Companion?
- PM Modi Reacts To Kartik Aaryan's 'Backfie' Photo!
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- How To Cover Up A Tattoo With Make-up?
While, the smartphone market is rapidly changing everyday and more and more new entrants are jumping in the already crowded segment, Japan based largest mobile maker Sharp is trying to strengthen it's position.
In a recent development, Sharp has launched two new flagship smartphones for the Japanese carrier Softbank, namely, Aquos Xx and Aquos Xx Mini. Given that the company's mobile has been struggling to perform over the last year, these phones will only be available in Japan. However, there's a possibility, that both of theses new handsets could debut in the world market in the near future.
So what's special about these handsets? The Sharp Aquos Xx is one of those phones where the space on its face is not hogged by its bezel. This means that 80.5 percent of its 5.2-inch front is all-screen. Talking about its display, it uses a 1080p screen S-CG Silicon TFT screen.
Under its skin, there's some powerful hardware on board. For processing it uses a Snapdragon 800 along with 2GB of RAM. On the back, it uses a 16.3-megapixel CMOS sensor with an aperture of f/1.9, plus a1.2-megapixel unit upfront. There's a a non-removable 2600mAh battery along with 32GB of microSD-expandable storage. We have no details on pricing, but the device should be out sometime in December.
The 4.5-inch Sharp Aquos Xx mini, as per its name, is a smaller version of its the Aquos Xx, with a few changes. It uses the same Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 and 2GB of RAM as seen on its larger sibling. Even though it display is 1080p, Sharp has fitted an IGZO LCD panel that results in a dense 490 ppi. The battery on the Xx mini is also irremovable, but smaller(2120mAh). It will hit Japanese markets sometime in February. The company has not provided any details on the pricing for this device.