- Sony Xperia XA2 Plus announced, will feature 18:9 display and 23MP rear camera and more
- Geekbench listing reveals Sony’s next flagship might run on the unannounced Snapdragon 855 CPU
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium price and availability revealed
- Sony Xperia XZ3 to arrive with Android P
- Sony launches in-car audio XAV-AX5000 in India for Rs 24,990
- Sony working on a new Xperia Home; might come with new flagship
Sony on Tuesday announced the launch of a new affordable smartphone, the Xperia E3, at IFA 2014 held Berlin.
As claimed by the company, the Sony's Xperia E3 comes with ultra-fast performance and 4G connection and will be available in a range of striking, standout colours including white, black, lime, and copper.
Sony Xperia E3 - Key Specifications
- Weight: 143.8 grams
- Dimensions: 137.1 x 69.4 x 8.5 mm
- Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz quad core
- Display: 4.5" (854 x 480 pixels) IPS Display
- Camera: 5 megapixels, Front-facing VGA
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: Up to 4 GB flash memory
- Expansion slot: microSD card, up to 32 GB
- Battery: 2,330 mAh
The Xperia E3 will launch globally from autumn 2014. Let's take a look at the slideshow below to understand all the features in detail:
Sony's latest smartphone will come pre-loaded with all the major media apps including Sony's Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited services. Additionally in selected markets, Xperia E3 will come with an exclusive entertainment package including a 30 day Premium subscription trial of Sony's Music Unlimited cloud-based digital music service and three blockbuster movies from Sony Pictures including The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Captain Phillips and Ghostbusters.
Xperia E3 features the advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with quad-core 1.2 GHz CPUs and 4G LTE capabilities. Further, Xperia E3 will be connecting to 4G networks for faster downloading, surfing and sharing.
Xperia E3 will boast a generous 4.5" display with Sony's leading TV technology and IPS for wide viewing angles, while the company claims that the long-lasting 2330 mAh battery with Battery STAMINA Mode will keep the smartphone going for 14% longer usage.
For added flexibility, E3 is also available in a dual SIM variant. Sony's dual SIM management technology means that users can keep both SIMs active and never miss a call, even when talking on one of them.
The Xperia E3 will be compatible with SmartBand SWR10, the life-logging wristband, BSP10 Bluetooth Speaker - a portable Bluetooth speaker with Qi wireless charging and also SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth Headset, which is a uniquely designed wired and wireless Bluetooth headset, with call handling and media remote control functionality for everyday use.