TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Just a few days ago, Sony rolled out firmware update to Xperia ZR (C550X). Firmware build 10.3.1.A.2.67 hit both HSPA+ (C5502) and LTE (C5503) handsets. This update brought Android 4.2.2 to Indian C5502 handsets. And now Sony Mobile has just tweeted that a new Android 4.2.2 firmware update is rolling out to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet blockquote"><p>Confirming: new JB 4.2 firmware rolling (phased) for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23XperiaZ&src=hash">#XperiaZ</a>, ZL, ZR & Tab Z – brings display, camera, battery fixes & performance tweaks</p>— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SonyMobileNews/statuses/380687940197679104">September 19, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The company said that the update would bring about a change in display, camera, battery fixes and performance tweaks. Sadly, Sony diodn't disclose any further details about the update. Although we expect this to be firmware build number 10.3.1.A.2.67 that was recently pushed to Xperia ZR handsets. However, new Jelly Bean 4.2 firmware for XperiaZ, ZL, ZR and Tab Z has not been received by users so far.
Around August, Sony Xperia SP in India also received a firmware update to build version 12.0.A.2.245. The update was compatible with both LTE and 3G variant of the Xperia SP smartphones. The sad part then was the fact that despite getting the firmware, the update didn't bring about Android 4.2.2 in the handset. Thus Sony Xperia SP still runs on Android 4.1.2.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates.