TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Just a few days ago, Sony rolled out firmware update to Xperia ZR (C550X). Firmware build 10.3.1.A.2.67 hit both HSPA+ (C5502) and LTE (C5503) handsets. This update brought Android 4.2.2 to Indian C5502 handsets. And now Sony Mobile has just tweeted that a new Android 4.2.2 firmware update is rolling out to the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet blockquote"><p>Confirming: new JB 4.2 firmware rolling (phased) for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23XperiaZ&src=hash">#XperiaZ</a>, ZL, ZR & Tab Z – brings display, camera, battery fixes & performance tweaks</p>— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SonyMobileNews/statuses/380687940197679104">September 19, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The company said that the update would bring about a change in display, camera, battery fixes and performance tweaks. Sadly, Sony diodn't disclose any further details about the update. Although we expect this to be firmware build number 10.3.1.A.2.67 that was recently pushed to Xperia ZR handsets. However, new Jelly Bean 4.2 firmware for XperiaZ, ZL, ZR and Tab Z has not been received by users so far.
Around August, Sony Xperia SP in India also received a firmware update to build version 12.0.A.2.245. The update was compatible with both LTE and 3G variant of the Xperia SP smartphones. The sad part then was the fact that despite getting the firmware, the update didn't bring about Android 4.2.2 in the handset. Thus Sony Xperia SP still runs on Android 4.1.2.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates.