TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Sony is working on MediaTek powered smartphone for a very long time. Back in December, it was reported that the Japanese giant had requested for few sample chips. It was also said that the handset with MediaTek MT6589 would hit China sometime in 2013.
Earlier this year, Digitimes claimed that Sony is indeed working on working on affordable 5-inch device with MediaTek processor. It would arrive in Q3. The handset would be made by Arima communications. Now once again the phone is out of closet.
"Sony also plans to roll out a 5-inch entry-level model in the third quarter, which is likely to be powered by a MediaTek quad-core processor and manufactured by Arima, indicated the industry sources".
Xperiablog is reporting that Sony will confidently announce Xperia C in Mobile Asia Expo this week. As of now, the Xperia C is coming, for sure and it will hit China most likely.
The Xperia C, a 5-inch affordable handset will sport qHD display (540 x 960) pixels. As mentioned above, there are chances to see 1.2GHz quad-core processor (MediaTek MT 6589) coupled with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory which can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. It will be Dual SIM capable.
It is said to have an 8-mega pixel camera powered by Exmor R sensor , and should have Android 4.2 Jelly Bean inside. No information about the pricing. The handset will be announced tomorrow in China along with rumored Sony SmartWatch.
In India, Sony is concentrating on mid-high end Android phones. We have seen Sony coming with handsets priced over Rs. 25,000. Under Rs. 10,000, the Japanese giant has two handsets under its kitty - the Xperia E and Xperia Tipo.There's another handset called Sony Xperia L , which falls under low -to -mid end segment.
During our interaction with an executive over at Sony India during Xperia Tablet Z in New Delhi; the makers behind Xperia Z did not disclose their plans to launch any handset under Rs. 10,000 in the coming months. Clearly, in India Sony is aiming to capture mid-to -high end segment. Stay tuned to GizBot.