- 26 min ago Realme TV BIS Listing Reveals Presence Of 43-Inch Display
- 1 hr ago Lenovo ThinkBook 15 Laptop Review: Power-Packed Performer In A Compact Profile
- 1 hr ago Infinix Note 7, Note 7 Lite With Quad Rear Cameras, Punch-Hole Display Announced
- 7 hrs ago These Of Vivo Smartphones Have Received Price Hike In India
- Movies Sri Reddy Targets Samantha Akkineni & Trisha Krishnan, Says She Has Bigger ‘Assets’ Than Them
- News Prioritise spending on poor, Raghuram Rajan urges PM Modi
- Sports Coronavirus: Real Kashmir coach David Robertson stuck In Srinagar due to lockdown
- Finance The Right Time To Buy Stocks Is "Now"
- Automobiles Bajaj Discover 110 & 125 Commuter Motorcycles Discontinued In India
- Lifestyle Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Exclusive: Sony Xperia M Coming to India in Second Week of August 2013
Sony launched their sleek and premium handset Xperia Z Ultra in India recently and the much awaited Honami is in the pipeline. More precisely, Honami is said to make its debut at the IFA Berlin in September 2013.
Thus it is not a long way to go, However, to keep the launch cycle rolling on and keeping fans occupied, Sony will throw another enticing bone called Xperia M in the market very soon.
On the sidelines of Sony Xperia Z Ultra launch event, Mukesh Srivastava, Brand Activation Head - Xperia at Sony India told GizBot that, the mid range Xperia M will hit the Indian markets in the second week of August 2013.
The senior official further, didn't disclosed any exact figures in terms of the pricing of the handset, however, he did give a hint by saying, "Xperia M would be priced less than Sony Xperia SP."
Just for your information, Xperia SP is currently available in the market at Rs. 22,000, hence GizBot is estimating that when Xperia M would debut in India it might hold a price tag of around Rs 20,000.
Moreover, to interpret the facts and figures, in a speculative fashion, this mid range handset is an option that is intelligently placed between two high end devices viz. Xperia Z Ultra and Honami.
However, talking about the specs of the handset, here is a detailed rundown on the decent smartphone from Sony.
Sony Xperia M sports a 4-inch FWVGA (854 x 480) TFT capacitive touchscreen display with 16M colors. The screen features a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels and pixel density of 245 ppi comes with a scratch-resistant glass.
Processor, RAM and OS
The latest Xperia M from Sony is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon SoC clocked to 1GHz along with Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset and backed by 1GB of RAM. The device runs on Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean), coupled with Sony's custom Android skin and a deluge of its exclusive apps. Moreover, it is likely to get a Android 4.3 update soon.
The Xperia M houses a 4GB of on-board storage of which only 2.8 GB is user-accessible memory. The storage capacity can be enhanced by a microSD slot which supports up to 32GB.
The rear camera packs a 5 megapixel Exmor RS sensor along with the autofocus and LED flash and a VGA front-facing shooter. The rear camera has the capability of 4x digital zoom, as well as 720p video recording set at 30 frames per second.
There's no LTE radio in the Android 4.1 handset, so HSPA+ will be taking care of data, with Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC for pairing and sharing. The Xperia M supports 3G, GPRS, EDGE and WLAN as well. There is an optional dual SIM as well which is likely to come in Black, White, Purple and Yellow.
The device also packs Sony's ‘STAMINA' mode for improved battery life like Xperia Z Ultra. The battery model is yet to be confirmed, but gsmarena reports say that it will have a Li-Ion 1750 mAh battery. The company's site also claims that the standby time can run up to 552 hours while talk time however will be 10 hours and 18 minutes for the device.
Xperia M comes pre-loaded with a bunch of Google's best Android applications, including Google Chrome, Voice Search and Maps, saving users a bit of time rummaging around the Google Play store.
To talk about the appearance, Sony Xperia M offers a slim profile, just 9.3mm thick, a polished aluminum power button and highlighted camera ring. The device features a small strip just underneath the display for illuminated alerts, which the user can customize for notifications from different apps. The phones will be available in Black, White and Purple colors.
However the Yellow color variant will be exclusive to the single SIM model of Xperia M. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates on the same.
Contributed By Anuj Bhatia