TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
In a recent development, Sony has started rolling out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to its Xperia P smartphone.
Reportedly, Sony has informed in its blog post that ICS will appear on the Xperia P over the next few weeks globally.
"All Xperia P users will get a notification when the upgrade is ready, but direct availability in the phone may vary across different markets and carriers," Sony said. "It's worth noting that in some cases, the software package may only be accessible via PC Companion or Bridge for Mac, instead of directly in the phone."
Sony also added the Xperia U, Xperia sola, and Xperia go are "next out the door" for ICS, but the company did not have details on exact launch dates.
Back in February at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the Japanese phone manufacturer unveiled the Xperia P and Xperia U devices.
As far as specs are concerned, Xperia P includes a 4-inch display and is NFC-enabled. Sony said the Xperia P was the first phone to include the company's "white magic" display, which will automatically adjust brightness to allow for browsing in bright sunlight.
Further, Xperia P boasts an 8-megapixel camera with HD recording that can capture 2D and 3D panoramic images. There is HDMI and DLNA connectivity in order to share content on multiple screens. It also has 16GB of storage. It runs a 1-GHz, dual-core processor and launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
With the update of Android ICS in Sony Xperia P, the handset will get update with following features:
Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
According to reports, Xperia P users should be seeing notifications updates, although this may vary in certain regions, as the roll-out is yet in progress. To get in on the ICS action the owner of the handset will need to either go to 'check for updates' entry in your phones 'About' menu, or connecting it to the PC Companion software.