TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is approaching closer. Japanese titan Sony, who will reportedly hold a press conference on January 6, may announce the much awaited Xperia Z1 Mini on the same day.
The long rumored handset has been spotted at the FCC and is expected to reach Europe early next year.
Sony has already launched the mini version of Xperia Z1 (Xperia Z1f) in Japan. Since past few months, multiple-reports suggested that the Xperia Z1 mini would be made in other parts of the world sooner than expected.
The FCC certification yet again proves that the Sony Xperia Z1S is heading to US and Europe sometime in the future. The handset will run the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean instead of the latest version (Android 4.4 Kitkat).
Codename "Anami", the latest FCC filing reveals much more about the device. The Sony handset measures 127 mm in height and 64.9 mm in width. The phone appears to be similar to the Xperia Z1f, an International variant exclusive to Japanese market. Moreover, the filing also listed out exact model number Sony D5503.
The Japanese version of Xperia Z1 comes with a 4.3-inch TFT LCD 720p HD display.
The handset is powered by a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC (MSM8974) coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM (expandable up to 64GB via a microSD card slot).
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean comes out the device.The Xperia Z1f also supports 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC and a 2300mAh battery.
Camera enthusiast would be happy to know that Sony hasn't changed the camera, a 20.7-megapixel rear shooter powered by "G "Lens is similar to what you seen the original Xperia Z1.
Most likely, Sony will announce the Xperia Z1 Mini on January 6 at the CES 2014. Stay tuned to GizBot!