TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Sony Xperia Z2 Might Get Delayed Due to Component Supply Issues [Report]
Looks like consumers have to wait a little longer to get their hands on the stylish looking Sony Xperia Z2. According to a new report, Sony's latest flagship handset, the Xperia Z2, might get delayed due to some component supply issues.
This could apparently push the anticipated availability of the Xperia Z2, possibly until May.
It was widely believed that Sony had planned on releasing the much hyped Xperia Z2 in select Asian and European countries by the end of March, followed by global retail availability in April.
Now, it seems that the device won't be able to ship on time, leading to a massive blow out for the Japanese giant. The completion in the high-end handset market is hard to ignore, and on the top of it--key players like Samsung and HTC may capture the market until the time the Xperia Z2 hits the retail shelves.
Sony Xperia Z2 Reportedly Facing Component Issues
According to several media reports, Sony has not been able to manufacturer enough Xperia Z2 handsets due to manufacturing defects. Apparently, the reason for the delay is one of the suppliers. Reportedly, Chipset giant Qualcomm had been blamed for the delay. Now all of the sudden this theory has been squashed off completely.
If the reports of delay in producing the device turn out true, the Sony Xperia Z2 might hit the market around April last week or May first week. In recent years, Sony was able to enjoy a lead over other players, due to the availability of flagship device much ahead before the rival handsets hit the market.
Sony Xperia Z2- Highlighted Specifications
Talking about its spec sheet, the Sony Xperia Z2 packs a 5.2-inch Full HD display, 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB of on-board memory, microSD card support up to 64GB , 20.7 MP Exmor RS for mobile image sensor with 4K video capture support, 2.2MP front-facing camera, 4G LTE, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 , and a 3200mAh battery. The device is completely waterproof and dustproof in nature. The phone runs Android 4.4 Kitkat with Sony's native UI slapped on top of it.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!