- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released on Google Play Store in the US
Google has been constantly giving its golden touch to most of the handsets these days. We have already seen a number of device with the Google Play edition iteration tagged to its original name before. And now Sony's monster sized water proof phablet Xperia Z Ultra has got the same treatment.
The device is already launched in the US, and is available from the Google Play Store obviously at $649 which translates to Rs. 39,832 before taxes. There are no information about whether the phablet with the Google's Stock Android loaded in it will come to Asian markets or not.
According to the Play Store, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition will come with the gigantic 6.4 inch Full HD display (342 ppi pixel density) with Sony's Triluminous technology.
Sony uses a 2.2Ghz Snapdragon 800 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM to power the handset. The USP of the device, for those who don't know, is the water proof capability. Thus it is rated to be IP55 and IP58 compliant which makes it dust and water proof. Moreover the handheld device can be kept under 1.50 metres of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
The unlocked version of the device is also being sold and will support LTE while in India the support might not function. It works on 2G GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz), 4G LTE (700, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100, 2600 MHz) networks bands, according to Google Play Store.
The phablet is loaded with 8 MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor which will take care of photography and selfies can be taken with a 2 MP front facing camera.
The Google Play Edition of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra handset houses 16 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less) and also an external microSD/XC card slot.
There are regular connectivity options like Micro USB, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth and WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz) present in the device.
The device that measures 179 x 92 x 6.5 mm and wieghs 212 grams draws its energy from a 3,000 mAh Lithium polymer battery.