TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
The era of 1080p smartphones is going to surge the competition in the mobile arena with the advent of the year 2013 as major tech manufacturers including Samsung, HTC, LG have either already implemented the technology or are planning to put through in their upcoming smartphone range.
One of them is also Sony which has been in rumors for quite a long time for its first 1080p smartphone, the Xperia Z, dubbed as Xperia Yuga.
Further detailing about the smartphone, ePrice suggested the Xperia Yuga handset will be priced at 4,298 CNY (Rs. 37,850 approx) which is similar to the other flagship models of Sony.
The website also stated that there will be another smartphone called Xperia X which will essentially have the same specifications as that of Yuga. Xperia X is expected to be launched in certain markets instead of Yuga. The concept is similar to what Sony had previously done with Xperia TX and T.
Xperia Z is expected to have features such as 5 inch display of 1080p, 2 GB RAM, 12 megapixel rear camera with a glass back for the phone, quad-core Qualcomm processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, support for microSD card, LTE and NFC.
The smartphone is to run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Even though these are just rumors, the information has come out at ePrice, which has a good history of revealing reliable information until now regarding Sony devices. According to the site, the two variants, Xperia Z and Xperia X, differ only by some design variations.
With players like HTC and ZTE already coming out with their 1080p 5 inch smartphones, and several others soon to join the club, Sony will have some tough competition ahead.
If what ePrice states is correct, both Xperia X and Z would be revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), 2013. Details about launch dates in other countries are unknown as of now.