TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Hindu Aikya Vedi Leader KP Sasikala Reaches The Hilltop Shrine
- How To Send Large Files Via Email
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Lux Golden Rose Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Like A Bombshell
- Meet Lulu Hashimoto, The “Living Doll” Fashion Model
- Rupee Loses Ground After Opening Flat
- Travel Guide To Abhaneri – The City Of Brightness
- "The Indian Team Is Ready To Leave Their Mark In Australia", Says Rohit Sharma
Swingtel, one of the Indian smartphone manufacturers has recently launched Swingtel TigerTab at Rs. 11,500.
Going by the specs, Swingtel TigerTab comes with a 4.7 inch touch screen display, with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. The display also offers a pixel density of above 200 ppi. The phone runs on the latest Android 4.2.2 jelly bean platform. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad core MediaTek processor which comes with a Power VR SGX544 GPU and is also supported by 1 GB RAM. Internal storage capacity of this device is 4GB which is expandable using a microSD card.
TigerTab has a 5 MP primary camera which is slightly less according to this price range along with a 1.9 MP secondary camera. The rear camera is also accompanied by a LED flash.
Connectivity features include 3G, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, Bluetooth and USB connector. The device also supports dual SIM (3G + GSM). It is powered by a Li-Ion 2050 mAh battery.
Swingtel Tigertab comes in a red metallic finish and two extra covers in grey and white. The phone is already available on online retail site, Snapdeal at the price of Rs. 11,500.
India is a third largest smartphone market in the world after US and China, and consequently competition is pretty much higher. The Indian market is also facing an invasion of budget friendly devices making most of the devices flop in the market. Although, Swingtel has given the best CPU to their latest device, it has failed to give a better camera and screen resolution. If compared, at the similar price, buyers will get devices with 8 MP, better resolution and bigger display size like Micromax Canvas Doodle A111, Karbonn S5 Titanium, XOLO Q800 and Karbonn Titanium S2. Moreover, most of the devices mentioned above are phablets.