TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
At the ongoing Developer Summit taking place in Seoul, Korea, Samsung finally announced the features of the Tizen 3.0 OS. The company also announced the Tizen 2.2.1 which also comes with new features like privacy control and system framework including option to install the apps in the SD card and firmware download support for USB.org framework test tool and Mac OS X.
Main features of the Tizen 3.0 include, Updated Core and ToolChain, Multiple user support and more. It also comes with a IA and ARM chips, performance improvements, larger memory address space.
Moreover, the new features also include 3D UI framework, 3D Rendering Engine for 2D and 3D Objects in the real world and Dynamic Animation Library, WayLand based compositor and a Crosswalk - HTML5 based application runtime based on Chromium / Blink.
As Samsung was said to come with a phones with 64-bit architecture in future, it's no surprise then that Tizen 3.0 too has built-in support for 64-bit architecture.
However, the release of Tizen 3.0 is expected only in Q3, 2014 and there is no information pertaining to the Tizen smartphone release date yet, but it is rumored to launch in February 2014.
Further, the company also reportedly announced Tizen Mobile Lite, which will work on low-end smartphones. This OS will require a minimum of 256MB of RAM, 512MB ROM, and HVGA or QVGA displays to run.
However, the first Tizen-powered smartphone is expected to be seen early next year. And so far Samsung's NX300M smart camera is the only device running on the OS. The device is only available in Korea.