TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Earlier this week, Apple announced that Angela Arenhdts will be leaving her job as CEO of Burrberry to take a place at Apple as senior vice president for retail and online stores. She is expected to report directly to Apple CEO Tim Cook.
It is also worth noting that three months ago, Apple hired Paul Deneve, former Chief Executive of French luxury group Yves Saint Laurent. The reason? Well, Apple simply said that they roped him in for a "special project".
There is wide spread speculation that these two moves of hiring top bosses from the fashion world are related to the company's development of its upcoming iWatch. The product will go on to take on rivals like Samsung's Galaxy Gear, Sony's Smartwatch and many others.
The Cupertino based company has some of the most lucrative brick and mortar retail setups in the world thanks to its Apple Stores. However, its online stores do not share the same success. The company believes that with a dash of style from Arenhdts will help change things in a big way. Why? Because during her tenure at previous company, she transformed Burberry from a faded British icon into a symbol of global luxury by embracing digital innovation in a big way.
Fashion and technology have been growing closer and closer over the last few years, meaning that Apple will be required to dress up its products even better from now on. And since wearable technology in the form of smartwatches and others are heralded to become the most important products in coming years, Apple will need heavy weights from the fashion industry to gear itself for the future.