TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Wi-Fi issues in HTC mobile phones get a fix
Security researchers Chris Hessing and Bret Jordan found a new bug that was causing some serious trouble to the HTC smart phones. The bug had its appearance since last September. The bug reportedly affected Android handsets manufactured by HTC and the trouble it was causing was of really high potential.
The bug could allow even the malicious apps to enter into the softwares which would hack into the very personal details and account information and thus leaking Wi-Fi security information. This was reported clearly by the TNW.
The report cautioned on unauthorized intrusion made by the bugs and it clearly said that the affected application in the android phones of HTC could call up on the programs which would eventually let one hack into the personal information of the user and also the details on the Wi-Fi network. It could also help the internet hackers to send the data thus collected to remote internet server. The information thus sent might even include the Wi-Fi passwords.
However with the HTC releasing the statement officially about the bug fix they have developed on several sites, the fear now comes to an end. They have stated that many HTC handsets have already received the bug fix via their regular updates. They have also recommended manual operations for some selected handsets. The manufacturers have asked its customers a one week time for further information to be displayed about the bug fix and also the links for the manual downloads for the phones.
HTC says that the count of affected handsets is very few and the affected one will have their fixes compulsory pushed in to them automatically. According to them many of the handset has already been fixed and it’s just a few left. The users of such handsets are asked to visit the sites after a week’s time for their update.
Some of the handsets of HTC, that are reportedly affected by the bugs include
- HTC Desire HD, android 2.2 and 2.3
- HTC Sensation (Gingerbread)
- HTC Thunderbolt 4G (Froyo)
- HTC Droid Incredible (Froyo)
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G on 2.2 version
- HTC EVO 3D, which is on 2.3
- HTC Desire S again on Gingerbread version