TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Consumers who have Nokia devices which run on Windows Phone 7 are indeed going to be disappointed as they will never get the Windows Phone 8 update. However, Microsoft had announced they would be rolling out WP 7.8 update to help soften the blow.
The update brings along new features including a new Start Screen experience which provides re-sizable live tiles to provide for more customization options, increased the number of accent or theme colors to twenty, improved lock screen performance, expanded Windows Phone Marketplace and Xbox support to new countries and regions, enhancements to the Chinese font and improved appearance for a few languages.
Microsoft had announced they will be rolling out the 7.8 update to the Lumia handsets starting from January 31. However, the tech giant has temporarily put the delivery of update on hold, due to a minor issue with the update. The nature of the issue has not been disclosed yet. Smiler such instance occurred in last month, as Vodafone Germany had told it's customers that the update had been halted temporarily.
According to Mobile Indian report, many users have pointed out bug related issues with the update, such as the volume level bug, which made their devices useless after the upgrade. Users had to change their settings in order to use the them, again.
There is no word on when Microsoft will resume the rolling of updates, but since the company has claimed, it is just matter of minor glitches, it shouldn't take long.