TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Earthquake Of Magnitude 4.0 Hits In UP's Muzaffarnagar District; Tremors Felt In Delhi-NCR
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Airtel Tops 4g Download Speed; Jio Offers Best Consistent Quality
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Airbus A380 To Be Discontinued In 2021
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
- 10 Pointers To Note To Successfully Claim Tax Exemption On HRA
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
Windows Phone 7.8: Microsoft Halts Update to Lumia Smartphone Due to Minor Issue
Consumers who have Nokia devices which run on Windows Phone 7 are indeed going to be disappointed as they will never get the Windows Phone 8 update. However, Microsoft had announced they would be rolling out WP 7.8 update to help soften the blow.
The update brings along new features including a new Start Screen experience which provides re-sizable live tiles to provide for more customization options, increased the number of accent or theme colors to twenty, improved lock screen performance, expanded Windows Phone Marketplace and Xbox support to new countries and regions, enhancements to the Chinese font and improved appearance for a few languages.
Microsoft had announced they will be rolling out the 7.8 update to the Lumia handsets starting from January 31. However, the tech giant has temporarily put the delivery of update on hold, due to a minor issue with the update. The nature of the issue has not been disclosed yet. Smiler such instance occurred in last month, as Vodafone Germany had told it's customers that the update had been halted temporarily.
According to Mobile Indian report, many users have pointed out bug related issues with the update, such as the volume level bug, which made their devices useless after the upgrade. Users had to change their settings in order to use the them, again.
There is no word on when Microsoft will resume the rolling of updates, but since the company has claimed, it is just matter of minor glitches, it shouldn't take long.