TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Windows Phone 8.1 Update Will Bring USB OTG Support In Devices
It looks like Microsoft is planning to make the Windows Phone 8.1 very much like a new OS rather than an update. Now if the latest information coming from Microsoft's ex-employee Nawzil Najeeb's tweet is to be believed, the Windows Phone 8.1 update will bring USB On-the-Go (OTG) support to the handsets running the same platform. What that means is that the Windows Phone users will finally be able to attach external storage devices with USB support to their smartphones.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet blockquote" lang="en"><p>"USB Storage detected. Tap to view files." Tapping on it opens the File Manager and shows the files. USB OTG on <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WindowsPhone8&src=hash">#WindowsPhone8</a>.1</p>— Nawzil (@Nawzil8) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nawzil8/statuses/444548908258443265">March 14, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It is very much evident that the Microsoft is trying to include most of the Android features to the Windows Phone 8 devices via this update. When it comes to the USB OTG option, according to Nawzil, once you attach a storage device, the phone will automatically detect it like the PC does and will switch to some kind of USB Storage mode.
Moreover, you will also be able to tap to view files in the File Manager where you can see all the documents stored on the external device. Apart from being able to see what files are stored in the external storage unit, with the update Windows Phone users will also be able to attach keyboards and/or mice to any Windows Phone 8.1 device.
It is needless to say that if all these things are being made possible, the company will also make the device compatible with the Xbox controller with this update.
Rumors also have it that the Windows Phone 8.1 Update might be launched as Windows Phone 9. There are no details on the release date as of now. Stay tuned to GizBot!