- Sports 'Kaptaan' Imran Khan asks Pakistan cricket team to banish fear of losing against India
- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Xiaomi Redmi 1S Also Announced in Indonesia [Video Hands-On]
After announcing the Redmi 1S in India just a couple of days ago, Xiaomi has today officially launched the same device in Indonesia as well. Indonesians buyers will have to pay IDR 1.5 million, which is approximately Rs. 7,743, for the phone which is slightly more than the price in India.
In India, buyers can pre-register the device, while the device will go on sale via online retailer Lazada in Indonesia. The first flash sale is said to start at 11am on September 4, but will only last an hour, which Indians no pretty well.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Key Specifications
Redmi 1S sports a 4.7-inch 720p IPS LCD display with a layer of Dragontrail glass. It comes powered by a 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor coupled with 1GB RAM. The phone runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Xiaomi's MIUI layer on top.
Talking about the photography aspect of it, the smartphone features an 8MP rear shooter and a 1.6MP front facing camera as well. On the storage front, it uses 8GB of internal storage which can further be expanded up to 64GB via microSD card.
It is a dual SIM smartphone with other connectivity options like 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and USB support. It is fueled by a 2000mAh battery. Hence, in a single word, more than decent specs for the amount of money you pay for it.
The latest Redmi 1S comes with a highly customized Android version 4.3 and has a UI, which resembles the Metro UI from Windows Phone devices.
In the meantime, you can also watch the early hands-on video of the device below:
<center><iframe width="100%" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_mTxV1uIPA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>