TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Earlier this week, gossip mongers had started speculating that Xiaomi will launch the Redmi 1S in India sometime next week. It looks as though rumors surrounding the India launch of the Redmi 1S were true. Xiaomi today announced an event scheduled on August 26 in New Delhi.
Xiaomi is sending out invitations to an event that's taking place Tuesday, August 26. The invite confirms the launch of Xiaomi's second smartphone in India, the Redmi 1S.
The timing of the event is rather interesting because it falls a week before Motorola is rumored to introduce its next-generation Moto G handset in the country.
As for Xiaomi's much anticipated Redmi 1S, the smartphone comes with a 4.7-inch HD 720p display. The device feature a 1.6GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor paired with Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of native storage and a microSD card slot.
There's an 8MP rear-facing camera and a 1.6MP front-facing shooter. The makers have added a 2,000mAh battery fitted inside. The handset runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Xiaomi's MIUI slapped on top. In terms of connectivity, the Redmi 1S supports 3G, Wi-Fi, dual-SIM, Bluetooth and GPS.
Xiaomi will officially unveil the Redmi 1S, an entry-level Android smartphone that could stop Motorola's rise in the affordable segment. Back in July, Xiaomi had announced that its Redmi 1S will be priced at Rs. 6,999. Given its eye catching price tag, it probably makes more sense to consider the Redmi 1S over the Moto E.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!