TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
New Delhi seems to be the destination of another tech firm - Sony on March 6, as the company is planning to launch Xperia Z in India. The official launch of the flagship smartphone will happen in the capital city in the next week.
Earlier, there were reports claiming that Xperia Z will be launched in India officially in the first quarter, however, there was no specific date for the release. Now, Sony India has posted an invite on its Facebook page alongside a teaser hinting that Xperia Z will be unwrapped in India on March 6 at a special event in New Delhi. When tried to contact the company, the inside source remained tight lipped to reveal the price and availability of Xperia Z.
Speaking of specifications, Xperia Z packs a 5 inch full HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and with Mobile Bravia Engine 2, quad core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, 13MP rear camera, 2.2MP front camera for video calling, 16GB internal storage, 2GB RAM, micro SD card slot supporting up to 32GB additional storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and 4G LTE.
Besides these specs, Xperia Z is a water and dust resistant smartphone with IP55/57 certification. As of now, there is no information on the launch of Xperia ZL, which was also launched at CES 2013 along with Xperia Z.,
On the pricing front, though there is no official information on how much the new Sony smartphones might cost in the country, media reports claim that Xperia Z might be priced at Rs 40,000 approximately considering its specifications.
If Sony releases Xperia Z at the estimated price, it is for sure that the handset will compete with the flagship models launched by other companies in the similar price point including - HTC Butterfly, Apple iPhone 5, LG Optimus G and others.
Update: Xperia Z is available for pre order on The Mobile Store in three color variants - Black, Purple and White at Rs 40,000. Further, the listing claims that the handset will start shipping from March 12, 2013.