TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Android, the world's favorite operating system reportedly has a flaw. This flaw can render your android smartphones easily vulnerable to external hackers say cyber experts. These researchers also claim that they can use the flaw(which is in the form of a bug) to initiate attacks & wrest control of various android phones.
An e-mail/text message which appears to be from a trustworthy source is initially sent by hackers. This e-mail/message urges users to click at a certain link. When this is done, infection spreads. This in turn damages the phones. After this, the hackers get complete control of your android smartphone which leads to the hackers eavesdropping phone calls & even monitor where the phone is located.
Experts point out that these attacks cannot be detected or disinfected by any mobile security software. Thus, smartphone users need to be extra-vigilant & must have sufficient knowledge in order to identify these potential threats. In short, prevention is better than cure.
Another alarming fact about these types of attacks is that if hackers resort to making modifications in the code embedded within these threats then every smartphone is going to be vulnerable to these types of threats. These infections reportedly originate from a security defect in a piece of software called Webkit which is implemented in various smartphones including Apple i Phone & Apple i Pad
Thus, the need of the hour is for people to obtain awareness on various types of mobile threats apart from experts coming up with anti-hacking & security solutions.
Do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.