TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Even though Mozilla and its hardware partners have not announced the release of Firefox OS Mobile phones in India, ZTE Open handsets have been listed on eBay India for a price of Rs.6,990. This happens to be much lower than the pricing mentioned in the company's official statement, which is about Rs. 8,590.
The Chineese handset maker announced that it would start selling its ZTE Open Firefix phone on the ZTE Store on eBay US and UK.
On eBay India, the handset is being sold by a merchant from Punjab listed as 'randeep_singh_arora'. Despite being sold unofficially, the handset comes with a one-year third party warranty through a company called Serve Pro. Currently, eBay is promoting the listed handset via social networks.
The ZTE Open is powered by a Cortex A5 1GHz processor. It has 256MB of RAM. For internal storage, it offers 512MB, which can be further enhanced with a 4GB microSD card that's included in the package. For imaging, there's a 3.2-megapixel rear camera. On the connectivity front, there is Bluetooth, A-GPS and Wi-Fi. The ZTE Open uses a 1,200mAh battery.
Despite being a new mobile OS, the Firefox marketplace already has apps like eBay, Badoo, Terra, Kayak, The Weather Channel, TMZ,AOL, Wikipedia, CNNMoney, Huffington Post, Time, Facebook, Airbnb, Time Out, Twitter and SoundCloud.
The OS is compatible with a number of devices including Otoro, PandaBoard, Emulator (ARM and x86), Desktop, Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II, and Galaxy Nexus. Stay tuned to Gizbot for more updates.