[caption id="attachment_17079" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Telephone in 1905"][/caption]
Today, the telephone celebrates 136 years of existence. This revolutionary gadget has certainly changed our lives for the better. The telephones might have taken on new forms, revolutionized itself, but the underlying technology is the same in all it's forms. Today we give you some useful details about the telephone.
- As we all know that the telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell. He made the world's first telephone on 10 March 1876.
- The first words that were spoken on the telephone was “Mr Watson, come here, I want to see you”.
- The telephone was the first machine that transmitted human speech across.
- The birthplace of the telephone was 109 Court St, Boston.
- Early telephones consisted of a huge apparatus with tumbler shaped receivers.
- The first “Telephone Exchange” was set up in the year 1883 in London.
- Early telephone receivers had to be held to your ear parallel to the ground.
- The world's first public telephone was set up in the year 1925 at Berlin in a post office.
[caption id="attachment_17075" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="First Public Telephone"][/caption]
- Mobile Phones still don't exist in many parts of the world.
[caption id="attachment_17081" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Alexander Graham Bell"][/caption]
Today the telephones have become an inseparable part of our lives. Be it the wired phones or the mobile phones. People simply cannot imagine living without these revolutionary gadgets. The credit for all these goes to only one man “Alexander Graham Bell”.
Do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.